Friday, July 29, 2011

far away from home

Last week, I went down to Kentucky for the week...I was gone from Monday morning to Sunday evening. I went to Louisville to spend time with my Grandma. Monday she was discharged from the nursing home, so I picked her up and took her back to her apartment. Right around the time she got sick and went to the hospital, she was in the process of moving to an apartment upstairs from her old one due to some water problems, so when we got back to her apartment, it was full of boxes and things that needed to be put away, hung on the wall, etc. So while I was there to make sure she was doing okay on her own at home and all, I also was able to help her go through boxes and get her apartment organized. We had a really good time visiting and she managed to send a whole carload of things home with  me! On Friday, my parents came for the weekend so it was super nice to see them. Saturday, all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins came over and we had a big get together to help hang pictures, move furniture, and everything else I hadn't gotten done during the week. It was so nice to get to see and visit with them, because alot of them I hadn't really seen since our wedding, and even then, I didn't really get to visit with them then. It was really a great visit, and I'm so glad that I got to go.
Of course, being gone for 7 days had its downfalls....I think that that's the longest I've been away from Ben in over 2 years! It was hard being away for so long! I also missed my kitties! Anyways, being gone, allowed Ben plenty of time to work on his thesis (which is finally almost done!), so that was good.
This week, I've just been catching up on things around here. We FINALLY got some prints of our wedding pictures, lol, so I picked those up, along with some frames. We'll get those hung up this weekend. I also have been sewing some. My Grandma gave me her sewing machine she doesn't use anymore and so I've been working on that and seeing if I'll be able to make something! It's been fun! I  picked up some cute little patterns from the store the other day in case I get really good at it! haha.
Other than that, we've just been chilling! Ben had some trouble with his truck earlier this week, but that all worked out okay. Last night we got together with some couples that we met at a church we visited a couple weeks ago. Ben got together with them last week, but this was my first time getting together with all of them. The couples are so, so sweet and I'm really looking forward to getting to know them! Between the 2 couples they have 5 kids, with 1 on the way, so it's definitely a busy time, but there's never a dull moment!
Well, I better run. I have some errands to run and tonight Ben and I have a little shopping to do!
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment